Monday, January 26, 2009

TiReD and ReStLess


This week--i've been literally making the world mine by trying to do the impossible---I worked 10 hours a day--monday to friday--i went to manila (thats 12 hours by bus!) in the evening of friday and arrived in Manila early for my internship--then went to my class (PhD) in the afternoon of saturday--then slept and spent the whole sunday running errands while still working (internship!). This monday--i felt the painful effect of abusing my health and my body! Today, after arriving from manila (at 6 am)--i prepared to go to work at 8 am---i was in my office quarter before 8 to work on my backlogs---now--its 7 PM--still working and i'm still down to the dumps!


Today--I felt that the world was not mine--the world was against me. There's even a name now for the phenomenon I've been proving for myself: presenteeism. It's when people (like me!) who should be absent from work -- because they're tiredness was contagious or feeling so lousy they can't do their jobs -- aren't.Honestly--today--it's almost painful trying to keep myself awake, and I become dizzy and disoriented. This is the worst feeling i got from being tooooooooo motivated!


I guess i learned my lesson well today! neth--have a life! take a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment