Monday, January 26, 2009

Growing OLD Gracefully


Akon (the singer! is he famous?!!) didnt know his age?!!!What the heck?!


A good friend of mine asked me to read an article posted on the net about stars denying or witholding their actual age (what type? chronological, biological, emotional or social age?)(duh!). Age ain't nothing but a number, but at least most of us know what number we've reached BUT Not Akon!!! This week he told the Associated Press he doesn't have any idea how old he is. "I don't want to know I'm getting older," the hip-hop hitmaker said. "Then I'll start to think about getting checkups and insurance. I don't want that."Weird...really...weird!maybe he needs someone to tell him that everyone wants to stay young forever but sorry akon we all age! thats a reality of life!(I find it very hard to believe Akon does not know his real age. Just a publicity stunt to say that. No one can be 21 forever!).


As I continue to age, I have become much more sensitive to issues of aging. I focus on what I can do to develop grace in the process. Im just sad that for some celebrities---age--is something they are ashamed to admit. I dont know why?! I always believe that there is dignity in admitting one's age! One cannot help but to just tolerate the inevitable decline in strength with a good nature. As we age---we should ALSO accept the RETIREMENT, OLD-AGE INSURANCE COVERAGE AND THE EVENTUAL DEATH with forbearance and composure. These are realities that only the courageous people (and rooted in reality!) can accept. At least when you advance in age--you are assured to be old enough to know better!


Personally--i'd like to grow old--beautifully (not needing all theplastic surgeries or those clothes from the hippest stores!!)--with dignity and with lots of FUN! By choosing to be happy when I age---I will learn to earn every wrinkle and every grey hair on my head which I hope to trully make me happier than I already am today. I am praying that by accepting who and how I have become will make me feel unique. I cant wait to grow old--with elegance and extraordinary happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment