Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gift of Friends!


I am truly blessed today--- I happen to read the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health News and guess what I found out?!!!!---that if we cherish and continue to expand our social connections (i mean, real and genuine friendships with as many people as you can!)--then--you're up to living a long life! The study shows that having a group of good friends around may be even more important than family for a long and healthy life. Researchers followed nearly 1,500 people over the age of 70 for 10 years and found that people with the strongest network of good friends lived longer than those with the fewest close friends. And those beneficial effects of friendship on prolonging life remained significant throughout the decade, even when people were confronted by profound changes, such as the death of a spouse or family member, or when their friends moved away.
To me--this is a good news! Making new friends and keeping them so close to my heart is one thing I cherish the most. Really--the gift of friendship--remains an important aspect of my personal survival. So--i cannot help but to thank my closest friends and those "not so close ones" for making my life more exciting and fun! living your life to the fullest with your friends is possible--i know--ive been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment