Friday, July 30, 2010

Dying Alone


I know death is one reality we can readily admit to. One thing I learned from life is that we start dying the day we were born. From the time I was born, I saw the different faces of death--I lost friends, a client, a boss, a love one, a family member, a dorm mate,etc.. Death is something I have accepted and processed within but---if somebody will ask me if I am afraid to die alone? Hell yeah!!! Even if my mind tells me that I should prefer to be alone at the moment of my passing cause I know that it should be a private experience or it may sound a little bleak..we don't cross the line with a crowd no matter what the circumstances....still..I dont want to die alone!I would rather have someone around....a family member or a love one--or few friends...call me old school but i believe dying in the comfort of my home and family will be the most beautiful life experience. It will be a gentle reminder that you made connections--you loved and were loved in return.

For 33 years, I'm a survivor and I had to witness too many of my friends and relatives pass on. I was alone before and I probably will be alone again. I don't worry about something that I probably won't have any control over.

But I think the best comfort is the fact that I know that I am never alone, in life or in death, because the moment I die I will meet my saviour. The thing that would scare me is if I never did receive Christ and died without Him in my heart and life, then I would be alone.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful..beautiful insight neth--i dont want to die alone too! this article made me really think and reflect! salamat! you have such great wisdom! cant wait for your next article!padayon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry neth--you will not die alone--you are loved--so loved by the people around you! your kindness and beauty touches so us so much--i hope you will know that you are truly loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galing. Parang kahit pag gusto ko na pala mag pakamatay di ko kinakaya kasi naalala ko may mga friends pa palang nag mamahal sa akin^^

    ReplyDelete