Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Single and Satisfied!


Im 31---single, unattached and happy! Little has been spoken about being single at 31----fairytales painfully strikes me hard on my face especially the part where-- living “happily ever after” meant finding your Prince Charming or Princess and being saved from a life of loneliness (duh!). Living single at 31 in my province is truly a struggle---(relatives always remind you of your being always the bridesmaid and never the bride!). Unspoken languge is pressingly painful when people start asking you the brutal question of: "have you not met mr right yet?!--what a pity!)If I could shout to the world that its fun to be single--i would--just imagine the enormous benefits of being happy and unattached! In being single:



  • You don't have to feel guilty about staring at an extremely handsome man in the coffee shop. Dating is a fun activity. You get to know new people and you can have casual about anything and everything

  • Your money is your own. If you want to spent your mothly salary in Hong KOng or plainly divisoria--- it's entirely up to you. There's no one to nag you to put it in the bank for a rainy day (except when your parents enters the picture!)

  • By being single--you manage your moods by your own--your partner can’t come home and dampen your mood! You can frown even until you close your eyes to sleep! and the extreme part of it--you dont suffer in silence--when your partner SNORES!

  • You can decorate and redecorate your room--or house--anytime! No one will nag you to pick your own trash! You also won’t have to pick up socks or underwear that isn’t yours! (imagine!)

  • You don’t answer to anyone. If friday is your yoga day--or poker game with friends no one can tell you otherwise. If you want to go to the gym or eat popcorn for dinner? Go ahead and be merry!

  • You can devote more time to your career.

  • Meet your friends whenever you’d like and "ukay" to the max!

  • You only have one set of family and relatives (in laws!) to deal with. While it can be great to have a large family , it can also be a pain in the ass at times. If you’re someone that prefers a more quiet dinner and holidays by just dealing with one goofy family (your own!), being single can afford you a calmer celebration.

Please dont get me wrong--I am an advocate of married life--if you feel that IT IS PART OF GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU (and you're conscious about it) --JUST GO FOR IT--but if you feel that god is calling you in this kind of life (single blessedness!) then--don't die of desperation---there is life in being single and unattached!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy being with my little angels but not with the man I thought would make a good father and husband.

    Soon I will be officially single but attached...attached with my little ones who are my inspiration. My married life sucks but when I bore them in my womb, I know I have a reason to live and carry the weight of the world. Now I will soon be free from the bound that ties me to my (ex)husband. I will be single again but attached.

    I may become single again but here are the differences:

    - I might want to travel and visit places by myself or with my friends, but when I think about sleeping alone far from my angels, I stay.

    - After school, I feel stressed out and my brain feels almost empty but I still need to work. Whenever they open the door for me and yell "mama!," with the excitement, I gain my energy back. Cause they are the reason why I should stay alert before work.

    - My money is not all mine but whenever I see the smile on the faces of the people around me especially my angels, I feel satisfied...as if I have bought the most expensive car a rich man could ever buy.

    I have much to share but might lose in track so let me get back to what I really wanna comment about being single.

    I have known people who have been single for the rest of their lives but less than 1%of them admitted they lived happily ever after. Knowing what you do now made me think you belong to those less then 1%. You may be single but around you are the people who are like children needing your motherly love, people who are somehow like husbands needing your warm hospitality as they come to you after a stressful whole day of work. You may be single but you will never be alone. I admire your virtue and wisdom.

    May the Good Lord bless you more.

    ReplyDelete